Podcasts are mainly audio-based clips or episodes that highlight the opinions of one or more anchors speaking on various topics: from current affairs to relationship problems or even crime stories. Today you can start your podcast series by following just a few steps. It is fun and easy.
Four Easy Steps For Beginners
- You have to limit your subjects and genres in the first place so that your content receives proper attention and helps you draw listeners in the long run. Make sure you do a little research on other existing podcasts about the topic you have chosen. Improve the inflection of your voice and keep in mind the taste and demands of your audience.
- For editing, you can use Audacity, a free app available on all devices, while Apple users can opt for GarageBand. You can also choose to hire a freelancer to edit your podcasts through websites like Facebook, Craigslist and others.
- Recording your first podcast is the most vital step. Some prepare scripts in advance while others improvise on the spot. Either way, it is likely for one to re-record, take breaks, and edit their podcast before the final version is published.
- It is important to promote your podcast channel. You may go for a catchy, crisp name. Broadcast your podcast channel over your social media handles as much as possible. In short, this step is all about your marketing skills.
Things To Keep In Mind If You Want Your Podcast To Stand Out
- Do not insert the word “podcast” in your brand name. It is unnecessary and common.
- If your podcast is a duet or group act, synchronize effectively.
- Plan a routine for releasing your podcasts.
- Your content should appeal to your audience.
- For outro and intro audio inputs, you can take the help of professionals.
- Publish your podcasts on platforms like Spotify, YouTube, Google Podcasts and many more to reach more audiences.
- You can also go for sponsored advertisements and make profits.
Podcasts Are The Future
Over one million people are listening to podcasts today, most of them being the youth. The podcast business has expanded to a great extent during the lockdown. It has turned out to be a good source of entertainment for everyone.
You can learn about new things and keep up with current affairs just by plugging in your earphones. You no longer have to lay stress on your eyes.
Starting your podcast is no longer a difficult job. Determination and a little communication skill are all you need.
Let us know what type of podcasts you like in the comment section below.
Image Credits: Google Images
Feature image designed by Saudamini Seth
Sources: Blogger’s own opinion
Find the blogger: @ekparna_p
This post is tagged under: podcast, how to start, money, entertainment, radio, podcasting, voice, host, anchor, Spotify, startup
Disclaimer: We do not hold any right, copyright over any of the images used, these have been taken from Google. In case of credits or removal, the owner may kindly mail us.