It’s safe to assume you’ll have a pretty hard time deciding which route to take this season for what concerns your choice of outerwear, simply because the runways were generous enough in offering plenty of alternatives, all cool, all relevant, all made to look modern and irresistible. Finding the perfect piece for you it’s just a matter of committing to your personal style and acknowledging what would best work within your existing wardrobe.
At the Men’s Collection of Fall Winter Season, blues were the accent colors with grey and black dominating the catwalks. The color palette ranged from traditional autumnal hues like burgundy and green to cool winter white and the ever so chic camel, which just exacerbated the elegance and volume of the outerwear.
The outerwear camp was dominated with sloped shoulder oversize coats, the ubiquitous bomber jacket, which people just can’t seem to get enough of. The tailoring is sharp indeed, with slim fit lines and a nod to many “vintage” cuts. Prints varied from figurative to abstract, with a return to the nineties slogan tops in the sportswear camp and plenty of masculine fabrics like pin stripes, albeit more creative, tweed and checks.
Here are some must haves of the season:
- Black → out: This is the season to experiment. So bring out those brand new brown shoes you’ve always wanted to wear (those of you who don’t have them, don’t worry the clearance sale is here!) and keep aside those black shoes for your office. Wear the muddy colored shoes not just in formal wear but also for casual shoes and boots. Here are some looks you could opt for with different shades of brown shoes. Fashion Alert: Always wear brown shoes with a brown belt, that’s a rule! Try matching the color of your shoes with your belt.
- Tan and Taupe – Always do the trick: Bye, bye, burgundy! Camel is the new it-color!
From jackets with extravagant details, skinny tailoring to pea coats, one of the most chic and elegant color is back in fashion. Camel has long been favored as one of the most elegant hues in the fashion color palette. In both menswear and women’s wear camel is endemic in tailoring and outerwear and just oozes elegance. Jackets with extravagant details, skinny tailoring, pea coats and oversize coats all result as effortlessly chic items for the winters.
- Nehru Jackets & Waist Coats: Spice it up with some Indian style! Wear Nehru jackets over full/elbow length shirts and let’s make some heads turn. You could go for solid color for casual and party wear and checks for formal wear. For a more western look, opt for waist coats of a solid tone paired up with semi-formal trousers or denims.
- Check Mate: The never-ending love affair between checks and fashion… Tweed, tartan, Prince of Wales continue to feature in everything from tailoring to outerwear and of course the odd kilt. Opt for check shirts for Friday work wear which can double up for that evening party, and of course the formal check coats never go out of fashion.
- Leather Jackets: Leather jackets are the ‘it’ trend of the season, be it girls or boys everyone is seen sporting the trend. Opt for traditional colors such as black, dark/muddy brown, camel, burgundy and dark blue.
- Tie the tie: Winters are the perfect time to flaunt that tie collection boys. (Take it from a girl, women like men in ties). Explore.. there are plenty of options for each one of you, with ties coming in different and creative designs and patterns apart from the regular ones.