1. For Fashion Week Spring Summer 13, there were 130 designers who put up stalls and 60 out of those who did a show.
2. This was the 20th edition of WIFW. 10 yrs back before it came into being, barely 10-15 designers use to put up shows once a year in 5 star hotels with a very selected guest list who were allowed only through invite.
3. Now there is a line-up of buyers from Dubai, Kuwait, Abu Dhabi, US, Japan and Europe, along with many Indian clients who place orders before and after watching the shows
4. Buyers place an order for single pieces for personal use from different designers or order 10-12 pieces for personal use from a single designer or those who own retail stores order around 1000 pieces.
5. The better known designers can make up to 25 lac sales in a day. Collectively on an average the 130 designers make a sale of about 2 crore in a day.
6. Designers needs to pay about 1 lac if they want to do a show and the cost changes depending on the time slot.
7. Usually designers ask celebrity friends to be a showstopper which gets their show more publicity and glamorous with nothing to be paid to them.
8. Afterparties are held at the Kingfisher lounge located inside the venue which offers free entry and unlimited beer for designers and buyers. The final after party happens in one of the finest nightclubs in town, this season being in LAP.
Yana Mir, a Kashmiri activist and journalist, has gained nationwide fame after her speech at the UK Parliament went viral, especially her remarks where...