1. Health and fitness are the first steps in beauty. If you put good things inside of your body, this will shine through on your exterior. Try to eat as many grains, nuts, fruits, and veggies as possible. Eat more fish, poultry, and get in good proteins. Don’t forget to work out! It doesn’t have to be strenuous, either — maybe instead of taking your car out on a local errand, you can throw on your sneakers and opt for a walk or a jog instead.
2. Drink LOTS of water — 8 to 9 glasses of water per day. Water is excellent for you. It hydrates your body and nourishes your skin. This goes with health and fitness. Water will also make your face glow!
3. Take vitamins. Don’t forget your Biotin in the mornings. Biotin helps grow healthy hair, skin, and nails! (We all want that!)
4. Exfoliate your face. Exfoliating two times a week can help remove dead skin cells. This aids in skin discoloration and uneven tones. It will keep your skin soft, smooth, and glowing. Exfoliation also aids with keeping your skin smoother and helping to reduce wrinkles. Another great reason to exfoliate is to because you are buffing away dead skin, you are cleaning out your pores. This will help keep acne under control, and provides an even canvas for makeup.
5. Before applying your makeup, always remember to cleanse, tone, and moisturize your face. Make sure to buy products that do not irritate your skin. If you have sensitive skin, find products that will be gentle. Remember: sensitive skin is a condition, NOT a skin type.
6. Daily makeup should be soft and subtle (different from the type of makeup you wear when you are going out). Stick to soft, neutral tones, and don’t overdo it on bronzing and contour. This will allow you to really WOW people when you do go out, instead of you looking the same all of the time.
7. But at the same time, remember that makeup should be fun and it should be for you. Don’t be afraid of a little color. If you stick to neutral tones or only do that black smoky eye, try something new. Go for that bold blue eye shadow, or that funky orange lipstick! Your face is the canvas and makeup is your paint!
8. Exfoliate your lips! Lips should be kissable. Take a lemon, apply some sugar on the exposed fruit, and make circular motions around your lips to remove any excess and dry skin. Plus, it tastes great! Wash off when finished and apply a chap stick or moisturizer.
9. Picking the right foundation is actually super easy. All you need to do is check the color in natural light. If your local pharmacy has windows, try bringing the color over to the light. Test the color near the edge of your chin. If it matches, you are golden.
10. Beauty comes from within, no matter what shape or size you are. True beauty is everything about you. It’s what makes you laugh, your hobbies, your goals, your dreams, it’s YOU! So when you wake up each morning just know that you are fierce, fabulous, and beautiful!
article originally posted on : http://thoughtcatalog.com/jenessa-michele/2014/04/10-beauty-tips-from-a-professional-makeup-artist/