January 28: “Due to the continuous increase of active COVID cases in the state, the Salasar Balaji Temple committee has decided that from January 19 to 31, Shri Balaji temple will be closed for common devotees” – Nitin Pujari, the Dharmaveer priest of the temple told us. Earlier the temple was closed only on Sundays as per the curfew but now the temple will be completely closed till 31 January.
Our team got a chance to interact with the priest of Salasar Balaji – Nitin Pujari Ji who told us some interesting facts about the temple, shared some insight into his personal life and sent good wishes for our readers. Here are few excerpts from the interview:
Who is Nitin Pujari:
Nitin Pujari Ji is the 9th generation descendent of Mohandas Ji, who is carrying forward the responsibilities of worshipping Balaji. He is the son of Priest Shri Mithu Ji and grandson of Shri Kaniram Ji. His family have been into the service of Salasar Balaji since ages. Nitin Pujari Ji right from his early childhood has followed his family and devoted his life to Salasar Balaji. Being the young Generation of the temple Nitin Pujari Ji has brought some very meaningful and big changes in the temple like-
- Nitin Pujari Ji started the online Darshan of Balaji Ji Idol through his social media.
- He started the facility of live Arti Darshan of Salasar Balaji through his Facebook and Instagram.
- He continuously interacts with his audience and shares solutions to their problems.
- He does many charity works throughout the year and specially helps the poor small children.
- He shares all the latest news on Salasar Balaji Temple, at the earliest on his social media platforms.
Due to such activities Nitin Pujari Ji is loved by residents throughout the city and has thousands of followers on Instagram and Facebook. Nitin Pujari facilitates the visitors of Salasar Balaji from across the country and across the world and helps them for “Darshan” and “Pooja” in the temple.
Facts about the Salasar Balaji Temple-
Nitin Pujari told us that the Temple is located on National Highway 668 in Churu district of Rajasthan,India. It is visited by lakhs of devotees from not only India but around the world and has been famous for many generations. He told us that –
- Mohandas ji the first caretaker of the temple had taken a “Jivit Samadhi” in the temple itself. It is of great importance to pay homage to him before doing Darshan of Balaji Maharaj.
- The temple contains a divine fire called ‘Dhuni’ which has been lit through more than 300 years. This fire was Ignited by Mohandas ji and it is believed that taking ashes from there can relieve the devotees from all their sorrows.
- Temple also has the Chariot in which the idol of Shri Balaji was brought.
- In the premises of the temple there is a very old tree, it is strongly believed that by tying a coconut to this tree, all the wishes of the devotees are fulfilled.
Nitin Pujari also told us that it is the only temple in India where Hanuman Ji is present with Moustache and Beard. It is believed that Hanuman is present here in adult form. Each year two big fairs are organised in the temple in which lakhs of devotees take part. In the present situation of COVID the fairs were not organised last year. You can connect to Nitin Pujari on his Facebook and Instagram where he constantly shares updates of Shee Salasar Balaji.