Continuing from the first part (http://edtimes.in/2014/05/corporate-social-networks.html), here is an account of some more corporate social networks and project collaboration platforms.
Sphere is a closed social networking website where membership is allotted on selection basis. The users are required to fill up a detailed sign up form regarding their interests and preferences, which in turn is analyzed by a board. The board decides on whether to provide the user with access or not.
The platform brings together people with similar interests, backgrounds and lifestyles for the purpose of business, networking and even romance.
It’s selective membership feature is unique among all platforms. Through this, users can select/hire candidates for their groups etc
- Invite members once the organization subscribes to the service
- Payed Services
Mavenlinks is another team collaboration and project management platform for the organizations. It is quite similar to Bitrix24, though there is no free model available. It also has a custom pricing option fro large organizations and a 50% discount for Non-Profit organizations.
- Comprehensive Project management tools
- Highly efficient customer service with the real time chat being the highlight.
- Real time chat with the customer care– once you open mavenlink, a chat box appears at the bottom right corner where you can clear your problems with one of the employees of mavnelink then and there itself.
- Freemium basis
eXo is an open source social collaboration or social enterprise platform. It is rich in a number of collaboration features. To a certain extent, it is a blend of LinkedIn and Yammer with provisions of both a professional social network and an enterprise intranet.
It is available in more than 50+ languages. It allows integration of outside applications with the platform and also facilitates application development.
- Forum Application- bulletin boards, discussion tools etc
- Customizable Dashboard
- Payed Services
- One person subscribes to the services through his/her e-mail id and the rest are invited by him/her through their e-mail ids.
Binfire is another project management, task management and web-based collaboration software. Users can integrate your e-mail ids, dropbox, google drive accounts with their profiles.
The pricing of the website is on the higher range, though custom plans are also available.
- Interactive white board for brainstorming
- Workspace Load Balance Window- You can view the resource load for every member of the team
- Gantt chart- real time changes in tasks