Bill payment is an essential process. Despite being a part of our daily lives, we are not taught this skill. Neither at school nor home. Many of us remain unaware of the entire process, leading to the need to approach a third person for the same.
We should actively participate in learning this quintessential skill. The benefits of knowing how to pay utility bills online are many. For starters, time can be saved by paying digitally instead of visiting the offline center.
The exact amount can be paid, saving the rounding off of the figure or the unnecessary hassle for change. Aso, the consumer can pay anytime unlike offline payment, which has a particular time duration throughout the day with certain days off that are likely to be an inconvenience.
And so, I bring to you ways through which you can pay your utility as well as your credit card bills. I’ll walk you through the entire process step by step.
Utility Bill Payment
There are several ways you can opt for online payment for your utility bill. Suvidha, G Pay, Phone Pe, Paytm are some of the apps used for the same purpose.
Let’s take, for example, Electricity bill payment via Paytm.
1. Open the app. On the homepage, click on the “Recharge & Pay Bills” option.
2. You will be redirected to the “My Recharge & Bills” page, wherein you’ll see some services provided.
3. Choose the “Electricity” icon.
4. Select your “State” and “Board”.
5. Click on “Bill Payment” under “District/Type”.
6. Type in your “Consumer Number”.
7. This will bring you to “Consumer Details” which will include your consumer number,
8. Type in the “Payable Amount” under the “Amount” section and “Proceed To Pay”.
9. Select your preferred payment option and click on “Pay”.
You can also visit the official website and pay the bill. For the next example, let’s take the water bill and look at its payment process on the official website.
Read More: How To Manage Your Credit Card Efficiently?
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the preferred “Service Provider”.
- You will get a dropbox. Type in your 10-digit “K Number”.
- You will be provided with the customer as well as bill details. Check the “due date” and pay before it.
- Click on “Make Payment”.
- Add in your “Mobile Number” and click on “Continue To Pay”.
- Choose your preferred payment option and pay securely.
Credit Card Bill Payment
As for your credit card bill payment, you can, again, choose any of the apps mentioned above, including the bank’s mobile banking app. Let’s take, for example, Paytm and understand the method.
- Open the app. On the homepage, click on the “Recharge & Pay Bills” option.
- You will be redirected to the “My Recharge & Bills” page, wherein you’ll see some services provided.
- Choose the “Credit Card Bill” icon.
- Enter your Card Number.
- Type in the “Amount” that is due to be paid.
- In case you are interested in using the “Promo Code”, you can click on any of the ones listed below for extra cashback.
- Click on “Proceed” and re-enter your “Card Number”.
- Confirm the “Amount” that you’d like to pay and click on “Proceed”.
- Select your preferred payment option and click on “Proceed”.
You can also go to the bank’s official website and pay your credit card bill.
Tips For Online Payment
- Never share your card details, especially your card number along with your security code, with another person.
- Keep changing the PIN provided by the bank at least once a month.
- Choose a secured, strong password instead of the OTP method. This is because OTP can easily be hacked via the handset.
- For an ideal password, keep in mind to include alphabets (with one in uppercase and the rest in lowercase), numerics, and special characters.
There are extremely simple, yet crucial tips for secure, successful online payments. Stay safe! Be independent!
Image Source: Google Images
Find The Blogger: @evidenceofmine
This post is tagged under: life skills, school, education, awareness, utility, bills, credit card, electricity, water, payment, home, online, offline, skill, time, digital, center, amount, fee, duration, due date, holidays, Suvidha, G Pay, Phone Pe, Paytm, app, homepage, recharge, pay, service, icon, state, board, district, type, consumer number, name, payable amount, company, preferred, option, official website, website, webpage, process, dropbox, K Number, customer, bill details, mobile number, secured payment, secured, fraud, fake, apps, mobile banking, method, card number, CVV, promo code, cashback, bank, tips, tricks, online payment, offline payment, card details, security code, PIN, password, handset, hacked, OTP, numerics, alphabets, special characters