At a time when Indian Urban class is moving upwards from Sedan to SUVs, when the competition in the automobile industry is at its peak, Mahindra took over the task of assembling and introducing Ssang Yong Rexton, a powerful SUV.
Ssang Yong is a Korean company and Mahindra is India has launched this car on behalf of the former. Mahindra had taken over Ssang Yong in March 2012. I first came to know about this car when my uncle bought it and when I saw the car it was a model which I had never seen before or Ssang Yong name never heard of. He then told me about its partnership with Mahindra and that it started out the delivery of the car in December only and he is 10th in NCR to own this vehicle. My first impression of the car was that it looks super solid and has a good design and not copied of any other SUV that already existed. Once I sat in the car I got even surer of the choice that my uncle had done. Amazing! The car has some really nice interiors in beige color. Good legs space, pretty nice ground clearance and it has everything that an SUV requires.
He has the manual model of the car priced at Rs. 18.08 lakhs ex-Delhi. There also exists and automatic version at Rs. 20.23 lakhs ex-Delhi.The car is based on Mercedez M class series.
The car is only available in Diesel Variant.
This car in its league is pitched against Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour.
The key features of the car are:
· –Classy chrome grille
· –‘Eagle eye’ shaped projector headlamps and the Rexton emblem
· –Stylish bumper, integrated fog lamps and turn signals
· – ORVMs with integrated LED turn indicators
· –LED rear tail lamps with ‘L’ shaped parking lights
· –Chrome side mouldings
· –Stylish 10-spoke 16” alloy wheels
· –Rexton branding on scuff plates
· – Premium Silver coloured roof rails
· – Dual tone beige and black interiors with metal grain accents
· – Premium Leather upholstery
· –8-way electrically adjustable driver seat with automatic easy access function
· – Touchscreen infotainment system with MP3, DVD, USB port, Aux-in and GPS system with 6 speakers.
· – Tilt steering wheel with Audio controls mounted and Bluetooth enabled.
Ranked as one of the #Top10 Youth Media worldwide* (for the second year in a row), awarded the BEST BLOG at India Digital Summit Awards 2019 by IAMAI & Times Now, ED Times is a youth media publication; the No. 1 Source For In-depth News Stories That Matter To Millennials.
It’s where Indian Millennials comment on news and stories around them, an opinions place by and for really young people.
We believe in creating responsible news content and attempting to change the reading habits of young India.
Through its co-founder, ED Times is also a member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Council on Media & Entertainment 2020-21, with an aim to give visibility to upcoming new-media ventures from India.