Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival (DPIFF) was founded in the year 2012 and established in 2016 to carry forward the legacy of Late Shri Dhundiraj Govind Phalke lovingly known as Dadasaheb Phalke: The Father of Indian Cinema. DPIFF is India’s only independent international film festival with a mission to celebrate the cinema & work of aspiring, young, creative, independent & professional filmmakers. It is important for Indian film industry because the motive is to recognise and appreciate the enlightening, entertaining & progressive new age cinema of youth & experienced filmmakers.
DPIFF is to honour the lifetime efforts of the father of Indian cinema, the festival celebrates the brilliance of the Indian film industry, which is making an effort to acknowledge and aid nascent projects by bringing them to mainstream audiences. It is a unique initiative intended to honour and appreciate the Entertainment Industry, In the presence of Celebrities, Ministers, Governor, Dignitaries, Industrialists and Media Personnel.
Objectives of DPIFF:
- To advance arts & sciences of motion pictures
- Build a bridge between Indian and Global Cinema
- To foster co-operation among creative leaders or cultural, educational & technological progress
- Recognize outstanding achievements
- To promote Indian Tourism through the means of Cinema
- To provide a forum and meeting ground for various branches & crafts
- To represent the viewpoint of actual creators of the motion pictures
The ceremony showcases cultural diversity, rich heritage, world famous Indian cuisine, folk dance, folk music, handloom and the beauty of swadeshi. Being an ancient nation with a young populace brimming with ideas, talent and opportunities, India has much to offer to the world. The qualitative change that the nation has witnessed in the last few years has become a model of inclusive development. Hence, it has become a priority to DPIFF to signify and promote the blooming impact of culture through cinema recognised globally. The organisation also comprehends the campaign of “Vocal for Local” and prioritize the homegrown talent of the country. Unity in diversity (Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat”) is firmly promoted in a spirit of harmony and fellowship.
The prestigious award ceremony has an integration of 10 reputed State Tourisms of India as the official Tourism Partners – Maharashtra Tourism, Rajasthan Tourism, Gujarat Tourism, Jharkhand Tourism, Chhattisgarh Tourism, Punjab Tourism, Assam Tourism, Madhya Pradesh Tourism, Odisha Tourism and Himachal Tourism. For the first time in the history of entertainment industry, 10 venerated Tourisms States are associated with an event.
Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival is represented by the Youth of the nation and has been severely recognized and appreciated by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India for their rigorous hardwork towards the upliftment of Indian Cinema on a global forum.
The DPIFF team members:
- Mr. Anil Mishra – Founder & Managing Director
- Mr. Abhishek Mishra – Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Mr. Vinay Punamiya – Director of MarCom
- Mr. Yash Jain – Director of Creative & PR
- Ms. Neha Singh – Director of Marketing
- Mr. Vatsal Joshi – Marketing Head
- Ms. Shweta Mishra – Legal Advisor
The youth team of “Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival” also commemorates Corporate Social Responsibility as rational civilians deeply committed to socio-economic sustainable development of the society. Each year, connoting a gesture to give back to the society and the environment whereby the aim is to contribute towards social causes, to bring change in the society and spread awareness towards environmental consciousness. The CSR Initiative of DPIFF is conducted under the ‘We For World Foundation’ registered under Niti Aayog. The organization’s CSR activities include Go Green Initiative, Tree Plantation Drive, Awareness of women’s hygiene, Food distribution, Skill development program, Beach Cleaning under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, etc. As many Indian States are majorly dependent on tourism for their functioning and the global pandemic has caused inevitable loss, propounding survival crisis for people towards the ground level.
DPIFF Web Presence Links:
- Official Website: http://www.dpiff.in
- Verified Instagram Account: https://www.instagram.com/dpiff_official/
- Verified Facebook Account: https://www.facebook.com/dpiff
- Verified Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/Dpiff_official
Syndicated press content