A good script turns into a great movie when you have a talented ensemble to back you up; the director, the actors, the camera man, the spot boys etc. all play a very important part. But more often than not, the people who steal the show away are not the ones playing the lead in the movie. These stalwarts, if I may say, are the ones who have made an immense contribution to the Indian Cinema over the years. They may not get the Lifetime Achievement Award or the title of “The Superstar of the Millennium” but these actors have managed to carve a niche for themselves in the Indian film industry that will be hard for anyone else to replace. They make the movies memorable. They MAKE the movies.
- Anupam Kher: He is one person who is known for his comic timing and can play emotional roles as well with equal ease. He has acted in more than 470 films and has been appreciated for his performances by the critics as well as the viewers. The post of the Chairman of the Censor Board as well as the Chairman of the National School of Drama hence, doesn’t come as a surprise to anyone.
- Paresh Rawal: He established himself as a villain in the industry when he started his career but with the kick-start of the new millennium, he has been adored for his comic timing starting with the Hera-Pheri series. He is one actor who is as versatile as it gets and can be relied on for pulling off complicated roles with unimaginable ease, the recent example being the critically acclaimed movie Oh! My God. The Padma Shri and the scores of awards including the National Awards and Filmfare awards do not even begin to justify the talent that this man has.
- Alok Nath: One of the most loved baujis of the Indian television and film industry, this man passes gyan and sanskaar like none other. An essential part of almost every Rajshree movie, he has the ability to make the audience fall in love with his paternal charm and move them to tears. The recent spurt of memes on the internet circling around him just goes on to show how loved he is.
- Satish Shah: One of the most loved actors of the Indian industry, this man has regaled audiences with his straight-faced jokes and sarcasm for years. Most widely known for his performance in the television serial Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai, his partnership with Alok Nath in many Rajshree movies spells magic including blockbusters like Hum Apke Hain Kaun and Hum Saath Saath Hain.
- Johnny Lever: John Prakasa Rao Janumala a.k.a Johnny Lever is probably one of the most celebrated Indian comedians. He is one man who can pull off an entire film on his own and has seen immense popularity during his peak period. Not scared to be referred to as the joker, he has done over 100 films, majority of them with superstars like Govinda and Akshay Kumar. With his impeccable comic timing, he has been an inspiration for new age comedians like Rajpal Yadav.