Our frequently used card for authentication purposes: Aadhaar, will now come in a smart size. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has allowed Aadhaar cards to be reprinted as polyvinyl chloride (PVC) cards.
A PVC card is made up of plastic on which the Aadhaar information will be printed. This will make the cards more durable, sturdy, and convenient to carry. This means that the Aadhaar card will fit into our pockets just like our ATM cards.
Highlights Of The New Aadhaar PVC Cards
UIDAI has assured good printing quality and lamination of the cards to make them more durable, functional, and convenient to carry. The new PVC card will contain the embossed Aadhaar logo to maintain authenticity.
The authority has not only worked upon the physical appearance of the card but has also incorporated the latest security features. The card includes a hologram, guilloche pattern, ghost image & microtext.
Apart from these, the date of issue and the date of the print will be present on the card, further enhancing its authenticity. The QR code printed on the card will also enable instant offline verification of the card and cardholder.
How To Obtain The New Aadhaar PVC Card?
One can order the Aadhaar PVC card from the official website of UIDAI. Here is a list of steps that you need to follow for ordering your card:
- Under the ‘My Aadhaar Section’, click on ‘Order Aadhaar PVC Card’.
- To proceed further, you will be required to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number or the 16-digit virtual ID or the 28-digit enrolment ID.
- Following which, you need to enter the security code or captcha as shown in the image.
- Click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Enter the OTP received on your registered number and click on ‘Submit’.
- Post which, a preview of the PVC card will be visible to you.
- Click on the payment option given below and you will be redirected to the payment page. An individual needs to pay a fee of INR 50, which is inclusive of GST and speed post charges.
After the successful submission of the application, the UIDAI will hand over the card to the post office within five working days, excluding the date of application. The card will be subsequently delivered to the applicant via speed post.
The new features and size of the card will definitely contribute towards enhancing the functionality of Aadhaar.
Image Credits: Twitter
Find the blogger: @_RitikaNijhawan
This post is tagged under: New Aadhaar, New Aadhaar Card, Aadhaar Card PVC, pocket-friendly aadhaar, aadhaar in wallet, wallet friendly aadhaar, #AadhaarInYourWallet, UIDAI, Aadhaar verification, QR code