A mischievous, prankster of a little boy grew up to be one of the most focused, legendary cricketers that the world has ever seen. That’s what sums up ‘Sachin: A Billion Dreams’ for me.
DISCLAIMER: Major spoilers ahead, but then it’s nothing that you don’t already know! Sachin emerged as a child prodigy and hence, his life has never been in wraps.
While the movie shied away from highlighting/questioning some very crucial points of Little Master’s life, one can not negate the fact that ‘Sachin: A Billion Dreams’ is indeed a great flick.
The very first shot of a stadium full of crowd cheering “Sachin… Sachin!” gives you goosebumps!
The familiarity of events in Sachin’s life, the excitement of the legend himself talking about his life, the private clips from golden moments in his life and finally the story of his hard work and focus, is what moves you!
These are the takeaways from the movie, ‘Sachin: A Billion Dreams’ that are going be with you for a while.
Here’s some inspiration for you from the god of cricket himself:
1. Ramesh Tendulkar’s golden words to a young Sachin.
2. Sachin Tendulkar saw a dream as a 10 year old which came true after 22 years of hard word and dedication.
3. Despite injuries, accusations and criticism; Sachin was focused and passionate enough to pursue the dream of getting a World Cup for the nation.
4. Passion is what pushed him to pursue his dream everyday.
5. Family extended support and let Sachin chase his dreams instead of bogging him down. They accepted the fact that Sachin had responsibilities of the entire nation on his shoulders.
6. The emotional roller coaster of a retirement speech. It’d continue to move you and inspire you for ages!
7. Harsh Bhogle, in one of his voiceovers, sums up Sachin Tendulkar and his journey for us.
8. Virat Kohli is seen as present day Sachin. It’s an emotional moment when he talks about carrying Sachin on his shoulders post the World Cup win!
This was ‘Sachin: A Billion Dreams’ for you. Raw, real and a ride of a movie. Go get some inspiration from theatres around you, by the god of cricket himself.
So what if we can’t see magic on the 22 yards pitch anymore? We can now watch it on our screens whenever we want!
You might want to check out: Boman Irani- I Started As A Waiter At Taj Mahal: ED Poster Series