DEvil: Satanic, devilish and evil stories from around the world.
A lot has been said and done in the name of tradition and culture, killings, burnings, crucifying and what not. We may talk about peace and tolerance but when it comes to our culture, no change is acceptable.
Several cultures have glorified barbarism for the longest time; so much so, that even today they are prevalent and practiced.
If you thought that barbarism and other such dreadful acts were extinguished, here are instances to prove you wrong.
1. If Salem Witch trial taught us anything it was that innocent women can be killed on mere doubt of being a witch.
In 2013, a woman in Papua New Guinea was stripped, tortured with a fiery iron rod, covered in gas, and burned alive on a mound of car tires in front of hundreds of onlookers—all for being a supposed witch.
Phobia of witches reached a new height when Gambia’s President launched a Witch Hunting Program to irradiate the country of witches.
Thousands were caught, tortured and later killed. Even men were not spared-their organs cut out and genitally mutilated.
2. Fear of witches is so much in the tribal community of Indonesian Guinea that people eat the flesh of women who are thought to be witches.
The presumed witch is first beaten to death with sticks then her heart is cut out followed by other organs.
3. In Uganda, rich businessmen pay huge sums of money to parents of children they sacrifice. It is believed that killing of young blood brings prosperity and wealth.
4. At par with Uganda is Cambodia where men sleep with virgin girls below the age of 15 as it is believed that taking the virginity of a young girl brings peace and wealth.
Women sell their daughters to rich men and once they are done with the girls they are either sold to someone else again or returned to their families.
5. A Kurdish woman was crucified in Iraq by ISIS in 2014. They called it punishment for marrying a Christian man. So much for making a global village!
6. In 2006, businessman Moninder Singh Pandher along with his servant killed more than 19 girls and ate their livers. Their barbarity didn’t stop here- they buried the mutilated bodies in a sewer line.
This clearly proves that modernity and tolerance as just words and the world is far from practicing it. The existence of such men clearly proves that the society is still in the hands of primitive, brutish beings.