By Ayesha Bashir
1. Aedificatorophobia: Fear of builders.
Man, this guy will have to live on the streets!
2. Alliumphobia: Abnormal fear of garlic.
Why would you be scared of garlic, it will Julienne you to death? Okay sorry.. bad joke.
3. Antefamaphobia: The fear that people were talking behind you but stopped as you entered the room.
I think deep down, like deep deep down, we all suffer from this don’t we?
4. Anuptaphobia: The fear of staying single.
Wow, so it’s officially a fear now. Shout out to all those friend zoned guys/girls ya’ll (yes girls get friend zoned too, don’t steal our thunder please).
5. Arachibutyrophobia: Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth (yes, for real)
I can’t… I mean, what would you even do if that actually happens? Eat jam? :/
6. Consecotaleophobia: Fear of chopsticks
I wonder if it’s a fear of getting hurt with chopsticks or just the embarrassment you face when you can’t eat with them (I have experienced that one). After all bro, you ain’t no Asian.
7. Editiovultaphobic: Taken from the Latin words for ‘face’ and ‘book’ it means.. (you guessed it, smarty) fear of Facebook. Or of having every aspect of your life lived in front of friends you’ve never met, or would ever want to meet.
WHAAAA??? I refuse to believe this, ‘fear of Facebook’ Phht! what does that even mean? That person would be so happy and content in life, though. Happy for her/him.
8. Hippopotomonstrosesquippe-Daliophobia (Grew a white hair writing that): Fear of long words (you don’t say).
So tell me this, how would the person ever be able to say what he has? Oh! this explains why people write like this- “Lukin gr8 in d pix dear. Hw r u?” This is a serious problem that needs immediate help before it crosses borders :/
9. Nomophobia: Fear of losing access to your mobile phones
LEGIT, VERY LEGIT. Let’s not say anything and observe a moment of silence.
So there you go, hope you had a good laugh with a few gasps as well (also fear of eggs is called Ovophobia and Alfred Hitchcock suffered from it). I Hope you agree with me now that people can be difficult to get sometimes. There are many more such phobias, but you and I don’t have time for that I think, still if something clicks your mind please share.
Graphics Credits: Harshita Sharma
DHFL Pramerica is one of the fastest growing life insurance companies in India taking care of customers’ various financial protection needs such as savings, wealth creation, etc. Call to build your bank balance!https://www.dhflpramerica.com/
Tellofy is an online word of mouth app, where you can post real reviews & feedback about anything! They make sure it reaches the brand, so they can work on it. Get connected now and save yourself from fake reviews. Get the app to get Tellofy-ing!http://www.tellofy.com/
SWAYAM by FICCI’s FLO is to support women and students aspiring to be entrepreneurs, with mentorship, consultancy, investment, growth & network. Register to become one!http://swayam.ficciflo