By Cherryy Chauhan
Back in the summer of 2012, when the news of final season of Gossip Girl broke out, there were grim faces all over the world. I was one of them. Well not completely. While most of my friends were sad over the departure of the TV show, I, on the other hand, was losing my mind over not being able to watch Blair Waldorf in her dazzling new outfits every week, ever on my screen again.
Somehow I gained my calm, watched the final episode and moved on. Later on, I realized that Queen B’s style wasn’t just limited to the span of the show. It was extraordinary and eternal. Which is why, you gotta check out these 10 Blair Waldorf Fashion Moments that I completely adore:
- The Pretty Pink Dress: The beautiful Collette Dinnigan dress that Blair wore clubbed perfectly with her gorgeous pink headband at Lily and Bart’s wedding was a complete knockout. The dress is an absolute spring season fashionwear.
2. The Short Cape & Layered Dress: It’s almost impossible to describe the sheer perfection of this dress. Stunning Marc Jacobs dress and Trina Turk cape bring the right amount of highlight to Blair’s hair and skin. The signature brown but sleek headband and dark brown tights.Totally yummy.
3. The Fashionable School Uniform: With a Philippe Adec blazer, Blair’s got chic and elegance combined resulting in a preppy school uniform with a bright red bowtie headband and white tights.
4. The Chic Ice-Skating Skirt & Capelet: Another one of Blair Waldorf’s classic ‘style for every occasion’ outfits. The Zara skirt goes fabulously with H&M capelet and signature white tights. Accessorized with a white knitted beret. Debonair!
5. The Bold Neckline White Ruffle Top: If you didn’t see this dress on Leighton Meester, you probably missed out on one of the hottest and the most sexiest looks anyone ever pulled off on TV. The uber-cool Bill Blass top clubbed with black skirt fulfills the absence of Blair’s signature headband and tights gracefully.
6. The Green Cape With Yellow Pumps: This was the concluding episode of season 3. The bright Barney CO-OP cape with yellow Christian Louboutin shoes and Longchamp bag are a perfect autumn ensemble. The long length gloves and adorable polka dots scarf is just the cherry on top!
7. The Vera WangWedding Gown: This wedding gown was shown during Blair’s trials. The customized Vera Wang white laced, gorgeous strapless gown was a fashion’s win-win moment. Our dashing Queen B in a Vera Wang wedding gown was a delight to watch.
8. The Irresistible Red Cherries Dress: No one, I repeat no one who has ever watched Gossip Girl by heart can miss this iconic Blair Waldorf look. Moschino floral print belted dress complemented with an offbeat Chanel bag and a trendy pair of Louboutin’s, is the perfect summer attire for me. Oh! and look at the Beret. Such Class Queen B!
9. The Plush Elie Saab Wedding Dress: The embellished, pale blue colored Elie Saab’s dress for Blair’s wedding to Chuck left me completely gobsmacked! And how could Blair Waldorf be married without her signature headband? So Jennifer Behr’s stunner work was witnessed in the white Arielle headband. All hail Queen B!
10. The Jaw Dropping Gorgeous Red Gown: Blair has had many mind-blowing fashion moments on the show. But none has ever surpassed the red Oscar de la Renta gown that she donned when she met Chuck in Paris. That moment was absolutely surreal. With Blair’s lovable charisma and emotions, the scene became one of the most anticipated moments in the history of television shows.
Oh and this is so not the end of the list. It goes on. Blair Waldorf honestly had the best knack for style than any other character on TV in our generation. It’s too hard to pick out just 10 favorites! She was the new Carrie Bradshaw. And I almost forgot, special thanks to Eric Daman who was the costume designer for Gossip Girl. You’re awesome and we love you, Eric!
What do you think about our list? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
And keep loving GG!
You know you love me XOXO. Gossip Girl!
DHFL Pramerica is one of the fastest growing life insurance companies in India taking care of customers’ various financial protection needs such as savings, wealth creation, etc. Call to build your bank balance!https://www.dhflpramerica.com/
Tellofy is an online word of mouth app, where you can post real reviews & feedback about anything! They make sure it reaches the brand, so they can work on it. Get connected now and save yourself from fake reviews. Get the app to get Tellofy-ing!http://www.tellofy.com/
SWAYAM by FICCI’s FLO is to support women and students aspiring to be entrepreneurs, with mentorship, consultancy, investment, growth & network. Register to become one!http://swayam.ficciflo.com/
Image Credits: Google