By Medha Malaviya
It’s time to let our Indian-ness out. The changing season has brought forth the most celebrated event of this country- cricket. With Asia Cup beginning on 24th February all eyes will wait for victory to adore the blue colour yet again. It’s officially the time to BLEED BLUE. A quick check on this year’s Asia Cup down below:
1. Asia Cup to be played in T20 format. All it’ll take it 3 hours to know that India has won the match. A shorter format with higher expectations and much more drama.
2. The entire team suffered a spasm when Dhoni’s back did.A major setback right before the tournament ain’t a good omen. Parthiv Patel is called in to cover-up for our captain. A substitute Parthiv will now have to step up his game to fill in the shoes of Captain Cool.
3. Bangladesh our bullied neighbor is the host. All Indian matches will be played at Dhaka at around 7:30 IST.
4. March 1 India will play Sri Lanka, the defending Champions. Under Lasith Malinga, for the team finding it’s ground and snatching silver from their hands won’t be tough. India will be playing it’s initial matches under the captaincy of Wonder Boy Virat Kohli. Kohli who is known for a lot of things off-field but only good cricket on field will hopefully lead us to the trophy.
5. You win or lose the cup becomes secondary when ‘Blue’ meets ‘Green’ on 27th February. Tempers shall soar, blood shall rise and swords shall cross on this day. This one game will make heroes for a lifetime. Playing under immense pressure this match is the real test for the team.
Let’s hope that Virat and team will perform exceptionally and bring back home the coveted Asia Cup trophy. Playing under immense pressure, the team will be supported once again when large number of Indians will throng the stadiums to help the country win.