Fantasy appeals to us; simply because of the relationship between magic and morality.
Harry Potter now is not just a name, not just a mere collection of 7 fictional novels but a masterpiece that has turned the world of its readers upside down.
But being a Potterhead has its own cons!
So if you’re a Potter fan yourself, let’s go through some drawbacks of being a hardcore potterhead!
1. The never ending Wait for your own Hogwarts Letter. All that you ever wished for is an owl dropping a letter duly stamped with the Hogwarts seal welcoming you to the magical world of witchcraft and wizardry. Every year on Sept 1, realizing that you aren’t boarding the Hogwarts Express from Platform No. 93/4 just makes you sad.
2. Brooms, THEY AREN’T MEANT ONLY TO SWEEP BUT FLY. You search for your own Nimbuzz of Firebolt in every other broomstick. And with every broomstick you see, the urge to play Quidditch increases exponentially!
3. You spend the rest of your life re-reading the Books: You can’t call yourself a hardcore potter fan until you have memorized each and every charm used in the books.
More number of times you read these books, more you fall in love with every character of the series. No matter how much time passes, it’s still just as great as always.
- Others are doomed when they say these to you:
– “You know Harry Potter’s not real, right?”
– “I’ve never read the Harry Potter books and I never will”
– “Harry Potter’s over, just move on/let it go”
Being tortured by the cruciatus curse is what they deserve.
- You hate those who can never comprehend your Harry Potter references!
When people say, “You still like Harry Potter?” and you whisper, “Always,” and they don’t get your brilliant inside joke.
On encountering those who fail to understand the rationale behind your Potter jokes, you can’t resist but wish that you could ‘Avada Kedavra’ them!
- Hedwig, Crookshanks, Fluffy and Scabbers are the only pet-names you can think of!
You ‘Potter’ize your Pet in every possible manner!
- And, you can’t stop spending an insane amount of time on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr searching through the Harry Potter hashtag!
- Not fancy parker pens but quills excite you more now!
- You are on a constant hunt to find the perfect recipe of ‘Butterbeer’!
- No matter how grow they old, you will always refer those actors in the trio as Harry, Ron and Hermione!
Lastly, each time you finish the entire series, a piece of your heart breaks down. But then you know you can always start it over for ‘Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home’.
Image Courtesy: Google Images
By Vaibhav Agarwal