Single hood is all about celebrating yourself. You, yourself are the only person you will never lose. There are two categories of people- those who crib about being single all the time and the other who are single only for a short span of time. Now what these two categories of people have in common is that they do not realize the perks of being single. The first category is too busy looking at happy couples and feeling miserable about their own life whereas the latter most of the times does not even remember the last time they were single; they are just jumping from one relationship into another. No matter how contrasting, security and independence are basic human needs. Marriage or a relationship offers high potential for feelings of security, but then what about our need for independence? Some time or the other you are going to be in a relationship or better still, your shaadi comes along and then, my friend, there is no turning back. So enjoy your single hood while it lasts. And, did you know that every full third week of September is set aside to celebrate all the single ladies and men? Yes, it is called the National Singles Week. Couples get just one day to celebrate (Valentine’s Day) while singles get a full whole week! That itself tells how awesome it is to be single.
We often forget what we are missing out on while we are in a relationship. Here are the top 10 reasons why you should never regret being single. And for all those wondering what is there to appreciate about being alone; about not having a date for that party, read on!
- You have the ability to choose what you want to do and when. You can make your own decisions without the fear of being judged by anyone.
- Being single helps you appreciate your own company. You are never alone if you enjoy being with you and if you can’t stand being with you, why would anyone else want to be with you?
- You don’t really realize the importance of family till you get hitched and sometimes don’t get to see them for months on end. Savor the presence of your families and create beautiful moments. Your weekends are just for yourself and your family.
- Single hood means you get more time to concentrate on your career. This is the time to pursue your dreams and get that dream job. Work on it because unlike your partner, your career will never wake up one day and tell you it doesn’t love you anymore.
- Eat dinner in your pajamas, sleep late, sleep early or just stay up all night- it is totally your call. You will like your single self better than your relationship self.
- You should appreciate having the time to work on you. Join that dance or cooking class you always wanted to, hit the gym to utilize your energy in a positive way and you will be surprised of all the things you are capable of doing. Go on discovering yourself.
- You can have all the fun in the world with your friends without worrying about anyone getting jealous or calling you again and again. Remember they are the ones who will still be there for you when he/she decides to call it off, so don’t ever ignore them.
- Have as many first dates as you want. And they always take you to a nice place on a first date.
- Being single means you are not financially tied or dependent on someone. You earn your own money and you spend it your way. Save or splurge, it’s your call.
- When you are single, you can be as selfish as you want to be but this does not mean being neglectful of your responsibilities. It is all about your energy, your money, your time and how you choose to spend it without seeking anyone’s approval.
As human beings, we always want what we don’t have instead of appreciating what we already have. This wanting creates a longing that keeps us from enjoying all the good things in our life while being single. We are constantly comparing ourselves to someone else who we think has a better life than us. Remember, it’s not about being single or in a relationship, it is about enjoying the status you are in right now.