This article was written by Vibhor Agarwal, a Technology Enthusiast.
On Wednesday, Samsung revealed the most awaited phone or tablet (Phablet),the Note 3 at the IFA 2013 carrying dozens of features like Air command, Pen window, action memo and many more features.
So, the new Note 3 features a bigger screen of 5.7-inches with Full HD Super AMOLED, bigger camera of 13 MP with 4k recording (LTE Model), Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 (LTE Model)/ Quad-core 1.9 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 (3G version),3GB Ram which is huge for multi-tasking. This time there will be no 16 GB variant only 32/64 GB variant with an expandable memory slot of 64 GB. Note 3 will be featuring the latest android version 4.3 jelly bean.
We have always complained about the looks of the Note And Note 2. But, this time Samsung has tried to improve the looks by adding a leather finish at the back, making it look more premium than ever and also more comfortable to hold. Samsung has made Note 3 slimmer and lighter than Note 2, the same they did with S4 earlier this year.
But the biggest changes are with the S-Pen. The S-pen unlocks a new feature called Air Command. With that, you can open five other features:
- Action Memo lets you handwrite a note.
- Scrapbook lets you circle content you like, such as a YouTube video or a news article. It automatically saves and organizes the content into a format that’s easy to scroll through. Scrapbook, with its boxy format, looks a lot like social media site Pinterest.
- Screen Write captures a screen and allows you to write comments on that captured image.
- S Finder is the phone’s search engine, to find chat messages, documents or other content on the phone.
- Pen Window, the most promising of the five, lets you access one of eight apps by drawing a box of any size on the screen. Pen Window currently opens a limited number of applications: calculator, clock, YouTube, phone, contacts, a browser and two separate chat apps – Samsung’s Chat ON and Google’s Hangouts. It is possible that Pen Window will support additional apps later.
But a big disappointment for Indian users and a few other countries is that, the Note 3 will have an Exynos Octa-Core processor which is not compatible for 4K recording and also some other features might not be available that are available in Snapdragon 800 (which is faster and have 4G (LTE) whereas the Octa-Core will have 3G).
We expect it to come in Q3 or Q4 but as soon as it comes, it is going to make a huge impact on other companies like Sony for its Xperia Z Ultra which is a competitor of Note 3. Note 3 will be available in 3 colors Black, White and Pink. The Note 3 according to the company will be priced around INR 50,000.